UHMW Machining and fabrication
Most UHMW is machined, extruded or injection molded. UHMW machining
UHMW “Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene” Has great wear properties.
- Meets FDA and USDA guidelines; 3-A Dairy-approved (natural)
- Reduces noise
- Chemical-, corrosion- and wear-resistant
- No moisture absorption
- Non-toxic, low-friction surface
- Meets ASTM-D-4020-05 of 3.1 to 6.2-million molecular weight
- Deflection Temperature at 1.8 MPa (264 psi) 46.7C or 116F ASTM D648
Easy to get in 48 inch X 96 inch and 48 inch X 120 inch sheets
Because UHMW is polyethylene here is a link to our PE page.
UHMW is a heavy duty form of polyethylene.
Cost is about double the cost of HDPE.
So why will people pay twice the cost of HDPE? Because it last much longer. Need a wear strip.
It does not weld like most other PE.
Heat Deflection temperature @ 66 lbs = 203F or 95C @ 264, @ 264 lbs = 180F or 82C Specific Gravity .93 to .94